Nazwa użytkownika:

Hasło:

Autor Wątek: Un-Ban Request  (Przeczytany 3826 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

MFisher

• Gość
Un-Ban Request
« dnia: 16 Września, 2010, 19:43:07 pm »
Good afternoon gentleman,

i've been issued a permanent ban ( i think yesterday ) . My clan-mate talked to one of you admins and he said the reason i was banned was for playing with no fog in bridge, over a year ago. Since i was only playing with a cheat in a friend's house, i think it's a bit too harsh issuing me a permanent ban. You can see in the records that i have been playing steady (and obviously clean) with my mates in your server for the last couple of weeks.

Anyway, is there any chance you could review the process?
My in-game name is tusa.Fisher 

Regards,
Fisher

gouomp

• sztabowy farmy
Odp: Un-Ban Request
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: 16 Września, 2010, 21:56:57 pm »
Extract from AA 2.8.5 Admin's Creed:

2.   Dirty Account History.
In CFC we believe that some people may have changed after they had made stupid mistakes. We analyse every single case individually (the ACI style). When there is a gamer with dirty linked accounts we discuss his/her case on our forum and make decisions together.
Players who have not been cheating for over two years (ban date is the criterion) and who make a formal plea on our forum, may occasionally be allowed to play on CFC servers.

Dear MFisher,

Not to postpone delivering the verdict we are going to have to turn your plea down.

Firstly, your bans (oh yes, not just one ban) are newer than 2 years - which means that they are not eligible for an amnesty plea.
Secondly, even if they were older than the already-mentioned 2 years your personal ban on the CF server still wouldn't be lifted because your current GUID is seriously linked to MULTIPLE dirty accounts. Relapse cheating cannot be tolerated.
Finally, even if the CF anti-cheat staff wanted to comply with your request we would not be able to do so without raising turmoil among our habitue gamers.

You have to understand that through cheating you showed utmost disrespect for the America's Army gamers community. Remorse does not always lead to redemption, I'm afraid.

Summing up, as much as I hate to say it, we cannot lift your ban at this time. Sorry.

[DUNNO]^fo$fik

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: 16 Września, 2010, 22:15:17 pm »
P.S.  kto mi się tu wcina w kompetencje ?  Jeszcze nie umarłem ...

staram się pomóc i wyręczyć schorowanego Komendianta ^^

kurczak

• Administrator
  • generał farmy
    • http://www.cfcn.pl
« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: 16 Września, 2010, 22:18:36 pm »
P.S.  kto mi się tu wcina w kompetencje ?  Jeszcze nie umarłem ...

staram się pomóc i wyręczyć schorowanego Komendianta ^^

Bardzo chwalebnie - ordery i dziewczynki już przydzielone - wsio w drodze :D

QQryQ

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: 16 Września, 2010, 22:22:09 pm »
a ja bym go wysmajtał dla przykładu :D ;p

MFisher

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #5 dnia: 16 Września, 2010, 22:45:46 pm »
Hello again.

Let me begin to say thanks for being polite and comprehensive in your response. Though i acknowledge being coherent with the rules, let me elaborate why i don't fully comply.

It's true that i have cheated, i don't deny that. To be a bit more specific, i actually developed a hack using a half working hook which enabled anyone, provided with programming skills and patience, to develop a low-ended hack undetectable by PunkBuster. Since i've made the hack for recreational purposes only, i exclusively gave it to a clan-mate of mine, under the oath we wouldn't use it after one or two weeks. After that time, i submitted the files to the PunkBuster team, so that they could analyze them and fix PB. Since the last update to America's Army was at 04.01.2009 i doubt they've done anything.

Having said that, this leads me only to conclude the obvious : there are still, private and public hacks, which are working and used. I don't know what originated the checking of my account , since i play fair and respectfully , but if it is a routine operation then i'd like to know, since there are a few people on the server that have proven more than one time that they are making use of illegal software.

Moving on, i'm also surprised i'm linked with more than one account banned. I am a hundred percent sure that i've only used one account to play with the hacks and it was something like Roflcopter. I'd like also to point out that my clan ( tusa's ) and i often play together in the same house. Of course i don't have proof, but if you make some digging you will probabily confirm that. That should be the reason for having more than one linked account, since the other infractor wich used my software hosts some of our lan's.

Last , but not the least - i don't see how anyone could be affected with my ban being lifted, other than my mates that are aware of the situation, since i myself was kind of surprised with the notice i received upon entering the server.

I don't feel any regrets toward your organization , even in this circumstances , and i still feel compelled to say that, thought with some minor infringements like disrespecting of grenade rule, you still have a fine, top server.

Regards,
Fisher
« Ostatnia zmiana: 16 Września, 2010, 22:47:57 pm wysłana przez MFisher »

gouomp

• sztabowy farmy
« Odpowiedź #6 dnia: 16 Września, 2010, 23:55:05 pm »
I must admit that I am now convinced we are dealing with a reasonable person here. I appreciate that, I really do. Now let me assume an attitude towards what you've said so far.

Having said that, this leads me only to conclude the obvious : there are still, private and public hacks, which are working and used. I don't know what originated the checking of my account , since i play fair and respectfully , but if it is a routine operation then i'd like to know, since there are a few people on the server that have proven more than one time that they are making use of illegal software.

We are aware of the fact that hacks are still widely used and we try our best not to throw in the towel, and preferably, to prevail in this uneven fight against foul play. Unfortunately, we are just a group of passionates and not professional cheater hunters who possess the tools and knowledge to be immaculate in their struggle. When judging our competence in cheat detection, gamers are encouraged to take note of that fact.

As for the spark for checking your account... One does not need to display god-like skills to be checked. We try to monitor the flow of gamers through Chicken's Farm servers and admins often run BG checks randomly. One of them came across a link to a dirty account while running his routine and reported the fact to other admins. It happened so, that this account belonged to you. Our lead 2.8.5 admin who is competent in extended BG checks provided all the necessary info in a matter of minutes and found basis for issuing a personal ban on your GUIDs.

Moving on, i'm also surprised i'm linked with more than one account banned. I am a hundred percent sure that i've only used one account to play with the hacks and it was something like Roflcopter. I'd like also to point out that my clan ( tusa's ) and i often play together in the same house. Of course i don't have proof, but if you make some digging you will probabily confirm that. That should be the reason for having more than one linked account, since the other infractor wich used my software hosts some of our lan's.

I would be inclined to believe in what you say if it wasn't for convergent nicknames. Lan gaming is one thing, the IPs may overlap. But due to the already-mentioned convergence I find it hard to assume that you're being honest with us.

Current Info
Name: Mik_Fisher[Pt]
GUID: C922B60CB766A2ECF001CB98F5F8D72C
IP: 87.196.208.142
MAC: Unknown

Current Bans: ACI AON AASA PBB

Previous Info
Other Name: Mik_Fisher[Pt]
Other IPs: 87.196.208.142
Other MACs: None

Linked Accounts
C922B60CB766A2ECF001CB98F5F8D72C
8DF8EA486A4A7C315B75EA530DA807DA
FEAFA2846F0380D24FDB3195AA94D576
9738D1A2C1E7569E03783183053A584A
D61815FAA6DE62E42624DA5B754BFBE4

You could try and argue that the Mik_Fisher[Pt] account is not directly linked to the tusa.Fisher one. But that would be pointless as you claimed the possession of the ROFLCOPTER_ GUID which, in turn, is directly linked to Mik_Fisher[Pt] and other banned accounts.

Apart from that, it was not only 'no fog' that's been detected but also AIMBOT.

Last , but not the least - i don't see how anyone could be affected with my ban being lifted, other than my mates that are aware of the situation, since i myself was kind of surprised with the notice i received upon entering the server.

It isn't only about us admins. Chicken's Farm has always been a public server with its regular gamers building up its name. CF admins are not made to pay for server maintenance and we do our job serving the community being motivated by our passion. And that passion leads to our devotion to the server and its gamers.
As I said before, lifting your ban would probably lead to our habitues raising voices of concern. Concern about the server being cheater-free. Individual gamers have access to account history tools too and trust me, they use those tools!
We do not want to let our community down by being lenient in our tasks. It is nothing personal. Just our policy.

I don't feel any regrets toward your organization , even in this circumstances , and i still feel compelled to say that, thought with some minor infringements like disrespecting of grenade rule, you still have a fine, top server.

Thank you, we appreciate your words of praise.

To make things clear... a decision about lifting a ban can be made only by the server owner after he's been convinced of aptness of such a move. At this point, I regret to say that none of the admins can vouch for you. I'm sorry.
« Ostatnia zmiana: 17 Września, 2010, 00:06:31 am wysłana przez gouomp »

MFisher

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #7 dnia: 17 Września, 2010, 01:09:39 am »
Hello again.

As i said before, i won't be making a new request in order to lift the ban since i understand and accept the policies - and the nature of this posts , or it's content , have the only purpose to achieve enlightenment in this matter ( personally , most of it ) .

As for the spark for checking your account... One does not need to display god-like skills to be checked. We try to monitor the flow of gamers through Chicken's Farm servers and admins often run BG checks randomly. One of them came across a link to a dirty account while running his routine and reported the fact to other admins. It happened so, that this account belonged to you. Our lead 2.8.5 admin who is competent in extended BG checks provided all the necessary info in a matter of minutes and found basis for issuing a personal ban on your GUIDs.

Fair enough, a rather usal procedure.

I would be inclined to believe in what you say if it wasn't for convergent nicknames. Lan gaming is one thing, the IPs may overlap. But due to the already-mentioned convergence I find it hard to assume that you're being honest with us.

Let me first say that im trying to get things straight, other than that i wouldn't be here.
That said, i'm also trying to understand some of the following:

You could try and argue that the Mik_Fisher[Pt] account is not directly linked to the tusa.Fisher one. But that would be pointless as you claimed the possession of the ROFLCOPTER_ GUID which, in turn, is directly linked to Mik_Fisher[Pt] and other banned accounts.

As i declared, i was the owner of the RoflCopter and Mik_Fisher[Pt] was my old name.

But first, since that account was first banned in Bridge Crossing maps, i never used it again. I can somehow argue, though i'm not entirely sure, that i have a static ip address, which corresponds to the real "me" .

Upon closer look, you see that there is only one IP that support my version of the story.
Then, you have

Linked Accounts
5EE1FCDD7A2E844A398DEA65906F66E8
D3BDF8054F2C69BA9244E49F2AE25A87
1A1FB84558849F938EB0B352B8C4B2E4
BCE72A2E353C1783942C7BC9A135BA52
92DFB5840894BF0EBE31F1020B90C7CB
88186E8C6F087983D6767431AA3F2A42
FEAFA2846F0380D24FDB3195AA94D576
94FD694EF2E4A612DB1BFC6D606F1C77

which i don't have idea who are those first accounts ; tusa.Neves is one of my mates ; iScout- and the other accounts are from the same person, as you can confirm with the IP. Also, the last access to Roflcopter actually points out that i wasn't the last person to log in it.

Regarding the following GUID which matches my old name:

5EE1FCDD7A2E844A398DEA65906F66E8

You can see

_Fisher 2009-08-03 18:00:29 GMT 1
and
_Mik__ 2009-08-01 13:07:57 GMT 1

i don't actually remember this account, but it's possible i've played with them to test the hack ; anyway, you see that they were accessed last year, around this time. Which was when i was playing around with this matter.

The one which i don't understand, and i can assure i don't have anything to do with it, is

h1tLer.tuga

in fact, if you take a closer look:

The funny thing is that most of that names and accounts - they all look like the same country (Portugal).  So i don't know if has to do with our ISP subnet distribution and IP recycling.

Apart from that, it was not only 'no fog' that's been detected but also AIMBOT.
Even thought it might got caught as Aimbot, the hack itself didn't feature that. It had no-fog, ESP , black screen shot and other minor things.

To make things clear... a decision about lifting a ban can be made only by the server owner after he's been convinced of aptness of such a move. At this point, I regret to say that none of the admins can vouch for you. I'm sorry.

I'm aware of that - though i wanted to make sure that this other accounts that i don't know didn't support the ban.

Thanks,
Fisher

gouomp

• sztabowy farmy
« Odpowiedź #8 dnia: 17 Września, 2010, 01:32:41 am »
h1tLer.tuga does not share overlapping IPs with your accounts and I think it's fair to say you've had nothing to do with this GUID. Anyway, this particular account has not been associated with you and is of little interest to us in your case.

(...)even if they were older than the already-mentioned 2 years your personal ban on the CF server still wouldn't be lifted because your current GUID is seriously linked to MULTIPLE dirty accounts.

By saying 'multiple' I meant as many as 4.

You must admit that once a gamer's clicked on this they will be pretty much convinced they're dealing with a notorious cheater.

It doesn't take much effort to establish that the owner of your current account is also the owner of Mik_Fisher[Pt] (e.g. via battletracker account names history). Once a gamer's reached this far... well... you know.

Now I may believe you that you've been playing fair for over a year now. I may also think: 'Hey! What the heck?! The guy's just admitted having designed an undectectable cheat in the past... How can I be sure he hasn't improved it by now?'

Either way, there's nothing I can do. What's done is done. You made a mistake somewhere along the line and we cannot let our server be your purgatory.

Regards,
Gouomp

MFisher

• Gość
« Odpowiedź #9 dnia: 17 Września, 2010, 12:28:59 pm »
Hello.

Yes you are right. That's why in the end, i'm still just a player and i reckon your stance as admin.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, it was nice having an adult conversation for a change.

Sincerely,
Fisher

p.s: the topic can be closed now